Sunday, June 14, 2009

Update

Finally after 7 days, my little girl is herself again. Saturday was the first morning in 7 days that she woke up smiling, Saturday night is the first night in 7 nights that she let me put her in her crib and leave without her squaling. No more clingy, whiney baby that needed to be rocked for every nap & every bedtime! She played, smiled, laughed all day Saturday. My friend Shelby had a portrait party which was awesome. It was so pretty outside. Hayes did so well for her pics then we went to a birthday party that isn't until next Saturday. Yes, you heard me correctly, next Saturday. Hayes and I loaded up after the portrait party, drove to the party & met Bryce there right on time. It was 11 on the dot. Bryce wondered why there were no cars, I said b/c people come late to everything these days. We giggled and proceeded to the door. When we saw that the lights were off, we thought well maybe the party is at the neighborhood clubhouse since the invitation said to bring your swimsuit so we head down the sidewalk when the front door opens and Emily is standing there. We said we are here for the party (wrapped gift in hand) and she cracks up laughing. She says it is next weekend but Tripp was waking up from his nap so we could come in and play. Well needless to say, she is laughing & we are laughing. Next she picks up the phone to call Jay to tell him and he gets on the phone with Bryce and makes fun of him. Just so you will know some background, Jay and Bryce go WAY back so it was fitting for Jay to poke fun. The way that they talk to each other, you would think that they really weren't friends! Anyway, I get home today from church to check my email and get a reminder about Tripp's birthday that is next Saturday. Looks like I had set up a reminder a week in advance & when it went off this past week, I snoozed it and didn't bother to read the date. What an idiot!

No comments: