Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Talladega...NOT!

So this past weekend, Bryce and I were Talladega bound for his work trip! Now a lot of you know that this is like my favorite trip ever. I just think it is the most fun...don't poke fun! Bryce was going to meet my Mom in Winona Friday afternoon and then we were off. My parents were going to keep Hayes Friday, Saturday & Sunday nights & then my Mom was going to bring her back on Monday b/c she had a mtg in Jackson Tuesday morning. My Mom had Hayes her own "Colt Cutie" outfit made for the Lee Academy football game and then she was going to go trick or treating in Clarksdale. How fun!!! Well Thursday I got Hayes to daycare and as I was unpacking her bag, she threw up all over the place. I quietly packet her bag back up and we headed out. I called the doctor's office only to get an appt at 10:50 so we went and hung out at the house. We finally make it to see Dr. Smith and she was diagnosed with a sinus infection and we leave with a note that she isn't contagious and she can come back to daycare. Off to St. Francis we go. I finally make it to work (let me add that it is month end and budget time for me so no time to waste). I am just a working when I get a call at 3 that Hayes has a fever of 103. I call Bryce in tears b/c I am so stressed and behind. He picks up Hayes and they head to the house. This "Sinus infection" with 103-104 fever lasts for days so guess who doesn't get to go to Talladega...yep, me. However, the good news is that my parents were so excited about their weekend with Hayes that they packed it up and came to Jackson. They even brought 2 cars b/c my Mom couldn't come until Saturday. My Dad stayed Friday and Saturday and my Mom stayed Saturday, Sunday AND Monday! What a help they were!!! My Mom even took the little terror off my hands at 3a.m. Saturday night while she screamed & couldn't get any relief. Thank goodness for grandparents!!! Bryce thanks Cat and Bevo for taking such good care of his girls while he had to be away.

No comments: